Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Highlights

Fun with babies: you can pose them & they can't do anything about it. Bucky thought Hunter made for a good elf. Michelle & I were laughing so hard, I'm surprised we actually got a clear photo. And I'm not sure if the fact that Photoshop didn't take out his red-eye makes the photo better or worse. Either way, he's pretty damn cute! Just look at that face ~ isn't he precious?









Don't have a tripod? No worries! Just use Michelle! I think she was getting a bit annoyed as Bucky was taking far too long to take a picture of Riley in a basket. I must have hundreds of various Riley-in-a-_________ photos from the past 7 years. One day I'll do a collage.






Adam is so good with Hunter. I think he's got him to stop fussing 3 different times now. And, Adam changed his first ever diaper last night! It was awfully cute watching my younger brother teaching my husband the intricacies of diaper changing! Bucky even had some pointers for me. Apparently, when I rolled the dirty diaper up, it wasn't tight enough. See, the kid goes through a lot of diapers, and you've got to roll them up pretty tight to fit it in the diaper genie.






Fireworks!




All in all, we had a great time. We played the board game Battle of the Sexes, had sparkling cider at midnight, AND I even stayed awake well past midnight, which I didn't think was likely to happen!



Today, I feel good. I stayed in bed really late & cuddled with Honey, and didn't even feel anxious about being so lazy. Right now, Doodles is laying next to me because he likes to cuddle, too.



New Year's Day is so much easier for me than the day after Christmas, which as I wrote previously, is just depressing. New Year's Day is a day full of possibilities; the closest we can get to starting over and changing the things in need of changing.




2 comments:

The Weathered Pane said...

Happy New Year! I'm so glad you and Adam came over last night and you looked a different person. Tracy, you're going to be okay. Just hang in there. And 2008 will be a very good year.

Unknown said...

Happy 2008! Woo hoo! It's Here!
PS- I have those Peace/Hope/Joy tins and I LOVE them! So cute...