Monday, September 10, 2007

African Children's Choir

Tomorrow night, Honey & I are going to see the African Children's Choir perform. They had a piece about them on NPR this morning, and I knew this was something I had to see. I have always been quite emotional, about lots of things really, but when I hear music that is so pure & beautiful, it makes me cry. I just can't help it. I've even been known to cry when the marching band plays in our 4th of July parade. Of course, I hide my face from Honey because he just doesn't understand such things. I love him dearly, but emotional, he's not.

These beautiful children, who have lost their parents from illness & war, are traveling the world to spread joy to others, and we are lucky enough to have them perform in our little town.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it will be a great performance! I'm the same way about music...I went to see the Broadway production of Lion King and bawled! It was just so beautiful and moving. Enjoy your show!

The Weathered Pane said...

You'll love their performance. Chapel by the Lake is sponsoring it so I know it's the same group we saw years ago. We fell in love with them. mom