Tuesday, September 11, 2007

tarred!

No, that's not Southern for "tired"!

Not that I'm complaining about it being sunny, because really I'm not, but my office is stifling. It's one of those perfectly sunny pre-fall days (quite the opposite of what Miss Jeru is experiencing) where it's not too hot & not too breezy, and I'm forced to keep my damn window closed. Why, you ask? Because my office building is getting its roof tarred, and the fumes are noxious. (is that a word?) I tell you, this is every pregnant woman's dream. My boss did say that if the smell got too bad, that I should leave. Hmmm, I think I'm feeling a little whoozy....

I had a wonderful lunch at El Sombrero with my friend & former co-worker, Shon. She's scheduled for a c-section next Thursday, and she looks so good. Pregnancy certainly agrees with her. This is her second baby, and since Scotty was an emergency c-section, this baby had to be a c-section also. I never knew that in Juneau, once a c-section, always a c-section because we don't have the medical staffing to handle potential complications of a vaginal birth after having a c-section. I am learning so much.

As of today, morning sickness has officially kicked in. Yesterday I felt positively green up until about 2:00, but this morning I woke up feeling considerably better. Until I was finishing getting dressed, and uttered Oh no! The 2 Italian plums I had eaten made their way back up, and I've felt pretty good since then. Maybe that's the worse it'll be. I can hear ya'll saying ~ Honey, you're fooling yourself!, but really, maybe I'm just that lucky.

But the plums, I love. They remind me of my grandparent's house in Oak Grove, Oregon, where they had trees of them & I would eat them until I gave myself a belly ache. If we came to visit when the plums were out of season and had already fallen from the trees, I would be so disappointed. I probably even ate them right off the ground. I miss my grandparents, but I do believe they're watching over us all & would be so thrilled to know that both my brother & I are having a baby & that we are happy in life.

Tonight we're having turkey dinner at my mom & Mike's, and then we're off to the African Children's Choir. Busy day for Tracy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I remember morning sickness all too well. And my baby is now 7. I made many a mad dash in a store to buy mashed potatoes. That was my life saver when I thought I could hurl...

:-)

Thanks for adding me to your blog list, nice to stop in and visit again!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

LOL I must admit that I thought you meant 'tired'. But then, I live in Georgia :)